CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 4, 2011

White Bean Chicken Chili

 Ingredients:
1 lb great northern soaked 24 hours sorted (way less sodium this way)
1 bullion cube (I used Chicken)
various seasonings (I wing it and add what looks good)
    season-all (Lawry's)
    onion powder (use real onion if you prefer)
    garlic powder (use garlic clove if you prefer)
    chili powder
    ground black pepper
    ground cumin (just a pinch or so)

1 lb. uncooked chicken (I used white breast tenders)
1 can cream of chicken soup
3-5 cups of water
1 cup of frozen corn

 Directions:
Put all the ingredients in the crock-pot 6-8 hours on low 3-4 hours on high.  Taste as it cooks as the flavors will change, it may need salt, or more chili powder just don't go crazy.  Once the beans are cooked through pull the cooked chicken from the pot to shred.  Using a blender or emulsion blender, blend up part of the bean soup mix and thicken the soup.  Add the shredded chicken back to the soup. (I did not end up doing the emulsion blender step at all.  My chicken fell apart in the soup and the cream of chicken soup thickened it up plenty for me)
 Serve:
top with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.  Serve with bread.  I just made a loaf of beer bread yesterday so that is what we will be enjoying.

1 comments:

Kelli

sounds yummy!

Post a Comment