CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 19, 2011

The most wonderful time of the year

I am so excited for Christmas this year!  It is kind of weird because it is just going to be me and my bug, really casual.  Usually we have to go here on Christmas Eve and there on Christmas Day.  We have a couple offers for Christmas Eve and I may take them up on it, we'll see, but Christmas Day is just me and my kiddo tucked away in our tiny little home.  I am so excited for her to get her presents.  She is going to flip out.  Everything is here and other than stocking stuffers and the last thing to arrive today is wrapped and ready to be ripped open. 

I love to wrap presents!  I know if I had a big family to wrap for I would probably hate it like so many others.  I can easily take 10 minutes wrapping each item.  I like to have matching paper, bows, ribbons, and tags.  I know way cheezy but I get compliments when someone actually takes the time to appreciate my work.  It doesn't bother me though when the paper is lying crumpled on the floor.  Something kind of relaxing about it.  I will sit in my room on my bed, put in a movie and wrap away. 

My mom's present this year got compliments.  As soon as Steph (my dad's neice/ my step-cousin?(long story)) saw it she asked me if it was done professionally and I was like oh no that is all me baby.

We had a family and friends get together at my dad and Steph's last night.  I was a little nervous as my brother and his witch wife would be there.  I didn't speak to either of them but I did take a few minutes with my niece(5) and nephew (8) to hug them and talk with them.  I made sure I had a gift for them and Kodie watched them open it, my brother gave Kodie a card with $20, so she was excited. We all exchanged our gifts from my mom.  She is going to Vegas so this was our only opportunity before Christmas.  My mom replaced my Pampered Chef round pizza stone, YAY! (mine cracked down the middle about a year ago..boo).  She gave Kodie a cake pop maker

and let's just say my child was ready to get into it and make some cake pops.  My mom even gave each of my dogs a gift (SHOCKER!, she is not really a dog person anymore, and mine to say the least usually drive her nuts) Bella loved it but Priss was like, what nothing to eat?  That meant a lot to me somehow!  It was a really nice time.  We got a couple of other nice things.  It was a good time, good food and good company.  I would love to resolve the issue with my brother but I don't think his wife will ever speak to me again. 

So there you go.  Just a few more days to go.  Kodie and I are finalizing my work gift bags tonight.  I took pictures of her treat plates for her teachers but I figured I would just post them both at the same time. 

I hope you are all getting ready and hopefully have stress-free holiday plans.

How do you celebrate?  Same thing year after year? Or whatever happens to be happening?

0 comments:

Post a Comment