CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Holiday Baking

My lovely daughter has decided that this year we should make a plate of Christmas treats for her teachers.  Cool right?
Until it is the 3rd night in a row, so far we have made fudge, caramel popcorn, and began making dipped pretzels.  Tonight we have to finish the pretzels, she also has made up her mind that we are making chocolate suckers.  So as I anxiously await going home to a buggy 10 year old (mom you may as well say I am 11 my birthday is only a few weeks away) to melt chocolate dye it and paint each individual sucker mold to resemble Santa Claus, Snowmen, and Reindeer.  She also wants us to make a batch of cookies.....oh dear lord.  How in heavens name did I ever agree to this?

Oh yeah I usually enjoy it too.  The problem is that while I want to sit on my butt and watch Survivor this child somewhere along the way heard me "promise".  grrrr!  So people wish me luck that I will survive.  Luckily this has to be done by Friday as that is the final day of school before the Christmas break.  I will take a picture when they are done so you can see how are hard work has paid off and be jealous that all my blogger buddies aren't my neighbors or co-workers so you would get some lovely homemade treats.  I have to say that our Caramel covered chocolate dipped pretzels are quite delightful.  Good Housekeeping has nothing on us!

Ours will be just as pretty and taste ohhh so very yummers!
Lots of pictures to come as long as my new phone takes decent ones.  My camera is a POS!

2 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥

Those are freaking adorable...and man you are Supermom for doing it! I'm impressed...you're making treats AND memories.

Kelli

They all sound delicious!!

Post a Comment