CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Outlook

Ok so I am starting a new diet.  I started yesterday.  So far pretty good considering how many things I am supposed to give up, and I am one of those girls that if I "CAN'T" have it ohhh baby do I ever "WANT" it.  So I am taking this one step at a time, no pressure, one day at a time.

This is a diet I have done before and I know it works.  It was given to me by a Major in the Army who is big time into fitness and eating healthy.  I was nursing at the time so I uped the calorie intake with his assistance (and shhhh I still had a few diet cokes...).  My mom started this diet 2 weeks ago and so far has lost 12 pounds.  I started (kind of) yesterday I didn't have my egg and I forgot to eat my afternoon snack so when I got off work I was starving and they had pizza at my mom's, but I only had two slices of thin crust, not the stuffed crust.  So today I am on full board, doing good.  So far I have only drank water, no diet dr. pepper.  I love Diet Dr. Pepper and rum, on my way to the grocery story yesterday while I had been dieting all day I was thinking oh maybe I will run by the liquor store and I told myself "Teri you will be fat and just keep getting fatter if you don't quit with the soda and alcohol" so no alcohol for me.  I weighed myself last night and went "well that is a little better than I remember"  what an incentive to do it all again the next day.  So here I sit eating my healthy salad with a spray or two or balsamic vinaigrette.  I am tweaking the original diet just a little to add some desire to consume it.  I will list the original and note the changes I am making.

You have to eat 6 meals a day.  No eating after 7 pm.  Weigh yourself everyday.

1st Meal      1 egg , 1 piece of toast, 1 fruit, 16oz water 
                   (I eat a hard boiled egg with pepper and I threw in a lean turkey sausage link)
2nd Meal     1 lowfat yogurt,  celery and carrots, 16 oz water
                   (I throw in a few fresh peas in the pod (I don't care for celery))

3rd Meal      Green Salad  1 can chicken or tuna, 1 8oz low fat (skim) Milk)
                   (a few sprays of Balsamic Vinaigrette and some fresh tomatoes)
4th Meal      2 pieces of bread,  1 banana, 16oz water
                   (have my banana at breakfast so I have another fruit option)
5th Meal      1 Power Bar   16oz water
6th Meal      Potato or Rice with a hand full of vegatables, 1 16oz water
                  (My mom has been eating a Lean Cuisine with no more than 5 grams of fat and 300 calories)
So I will let you all know tomorrow how it goes but so far so good, lots of water and lots of potty breaks but so far no soda pop at all!!! 

Let me know if you try it, like it, and your results!

2 comments:

Ellie

Good luck!! I am doing Biggest Loser at work and have lost...wait for it...a total of 6 ounces!!! 6 ounces in 7 weeks. I can only laugh at myself :)

Anonymous

My diet is 1500 calories a day - mostly from protein, veggies and fruit. Very limited carbs - if at all. Lots of water - although I like the zero calorie vitamin waters instead of plain water - too boring. I eat 3 meals and 2 or 3 healthy snacks like an apple or a low calorie granola bar or beef jerky.

I've lost 25 pounds since January 10th. Would be more but I cheated a few times. One weekend we were gigging and I drank 3 shots both nights and gained 2 pounds over the weekend. Another weekend we had dinner out twice and I know I went way over on my calories.

I've also upped my exercise from Curves 3 times a week to 4 times a week plus 2 or 3 days of Zumba.

I have found that weighing every day can be discouraging though because you naturally fluctuate a pound or two each way and some days you work really hard and are really good but the scale says a pound more than yesterday. Once a week seems to be good because there is always progress from the week before so it gives you encouragement that all that hard work is paying off.

Post a Comment