CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Costumes

Costumes, costumes, costumes.....

So when I first found out my friend was having a halloween party my instant reaction was "I am so there" (duh), then my second reaction was I need a costume that is bomb-diggity!

You see growing up my mom made us the most amazing costumes.  I was sitting on the floor of her kitchen last night going through her "costume bin" and talking about the awesome costumes she created for us. There almost at the bottom was the tiny little dress for the "Strawberry Shortcake" costume she made me when I was in 1st grade at Lakeview Elementary (back when Strawberry Shortcake was "originally" cool Yo!).  She made me a princess Leia costume, she went out and bought a wig to make my side buns people!  Then I had a mad crush on the Peculiar Purple Pie Man from Porcupine Peak.  If you ever smelled this delicious doll you know what I am talking about (and not in a weird way people).  So as anyone would know a 3rd grader could not dress up as a "boy" (eww gross, ick, yuck, sick, bleck), So I settled for second best and went as "Sour Grapes"  see those long green gloves, yep I had them (mom dyed a pair of white ones lime green), see the bunch of grape earrings, yep mom made those too (she bought fake fruit to make those bad boys) and the snake around her shoulders oh yeah baby my mom made me a freaking stuffed boa constrictor snake.


Kaylee's Korner (photo came from)        

So can you see why bomb-diggity is the goal?        I was going to go as a ghost.

That costume costs some bucks baby, gonna have to save it for a less frugal year.









It is cool as hell though, Yes?

We picked out an really neat pirate costume for my dad and forced hopefully he will wear it.  I really wish I would have taken a picture of him.  (I really need a better camera then I would be more willing to carry it around for every photo op).

Anyway I think I have come up with something good, fairly original (it isn't store bought), inexpensive (cause I have most of the materials already).

Gonna leave you in suspense though.......sorry!  I will take pictures of Kodie in her cute Butterfly Fairy costume (store bought) this child is picky!  and some of me oh and heck, I'll throw in a few of my mom her costume this year is hilarious!!!  Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up.

How about you?  Do you go all out for Halloween or just the bare minimum?


0 comments:

Post a Comment